Dealing with dry and frizzy hair can be a mess. Like most other girls, you probably crave for straight and easy-to-manage hair, but even with the best shampoos, things remain the same. In this post, we have listed down the tips to tame unruly and frizzy hair.
- Change your hair brush. Instead of using a comb, find a special non static hair brush that’s meant to reduce frizz. Just regular brushing with such brushes can make a huge difference. Also, if you are using a comb intermittently, use one that has wider teeth.
- Oil when you can. Our scalp produces oil naturally, which can keep the hair soft. However, if you have a dry and flaky scalp, you can oil your hair with a blend of conditioning oil. Castor oil and coconut oil should do the trick, especially when mixed together. Alternatively, you can use olive oil too.
- Don’t use a lot of heat-based styling tools. Straightening irons and curlers can damage your dry hair considerably. Do not blow dry your hair either. Unless necessary, avoid these styling tools, and if you should use them, do use heat protecting sprays and mousses.
- Go for a deep conditioner. Dry hair lacks moisture, and just oiling is often not enough. Select a good deep conditioning product, which can be a hair mask or even a regular hair spa. The product will lock in moisture for a longer period.
- Change your shampoo. Avoid shampoos that have sulfates, which can dry your hair further. SLS and paraben free shampoos are best for dry and frizzy hair, and you can feel the change in just couple of washes.
- Avoid washing your hair too frequently. Unless you step out in the polluted environment every day, you don’t need to wash your hair for more than twice a week. As mentioned earlier, the scalp has natural oils, and by washing the same, you are only causing more dryness.
- Use a serum. When you are on the go and cannot wash your hair, always use a serum to control the frizz. Look for serums that contain Argan oil, which is known to be great for the scalp and hair strands.
To find the best hair brush for frizzy hair, check online now. Make sure that you use the brush as suggested by the manufacturers, and if possible, use alcohol free products for your hair as often as you can.